Saturday, February 11, 2006

Nero, Tech support, and Coasters.

After my initial Supply of DVDs ran out, I've got out to buy some new ones in Sim Lim, ready to store all the Animes/games/whatever else you think I have on DVDs, saving my hard disc plenty of space.

However, to my surprise, for the first time in a long long while, Nero did not burn the disc. Some sort of an "Invalid block" or something was causing the error.

Naturally, I gave it another shot, thinking that it could be simple computer error.

Again, same damn thing.

So, I turned to my next solution, google.

On google, while I was expecting at least some sort of a response from the NERO website, I got, instead, all sorts of other websites, offering all sorts of wierd solutions.

Thinking that Nero should have it some where, I headed down to their website to check. However, their damned user guide or something took so damn long to load, I decided to just try around those websites, after all, they do work.

Sometimes.

After reinstalling, renaming, checking drivers, and god knows what else, I finally found the solution.

Burn at a lower speed, and stop all other programs that are running.

Which is wierd, because I have recalled playing games and burning at the same time. No idea why it does not work this time.

But yes, it got solved, although I got like, 2 new coasters, since the DVDs won't work anymore.

However, that didn't annoy me.

The fact that I can't get any quick answer from Nero annoyed me.

Nero is one who many believes produces the best software in CD burning, and this is how they treat their customers?

It isn't Nero, Microsoft is another famous one who's tech support is rubbish. Singtel is famous for saying "It's not our fault. \o/", and the list simply goes on. It's like people just chuck the CD to you, if your program get screwed, too bad. How about a new version instead, sir? That will be $69.90.

Bah. It's so hard to find programs with any sort of decent tech support. Either you need to pay, or you are better off not using it.

Too bad these companies will never find me as a future customer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home